Solved my Wi-Fi connection problem, may help you too.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YolkyPalky, Dec 31, 2009.

1. YolkyPalky

YolkyPalky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just got a new 32gb iTouch and couldn't connect to my home wi-fi network at all. I have a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router, works great with several devices at my home. Couldn't connect my iTouch. I'm using WPA2 security (password protected).

Like many of you I found just loads and loads of suggestions on how to tweak this and that. I even spent time on the phone with D-Link tech support.

Then I figured it out based on reading something on Apples own support page. I had my router set to "N" transmission only (the best,fastest, etc.). The problem is iTouch is not "N" compatible, only "b" or "g", so I changed one simple selection on my router set-up page that allows for mixed transmission, "b" "g" or "N". I was immediately able to connect.

So for those that cannot connect, and if you have a newer wireless router that is "N", make sure you choose the selection in your router set-up page that allows for "b" and "g" also, I had "N" only before I figured it out and made the simple change.

Hope this helps someone else.
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Strange. I have a Trendnet N router, and I was able to connect without any issues.
  3. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your configuration probably was already a mixed 802.11 B/G/N broadcast.