This is in reply to an 08-22-2008 post iTunes adds Artist name in front of the song name on some songs from "slname". It was too old to reply directly. I too have been frustrated by this behavior. I used "Get Info" to fix each song (goes faster when you use Next at bottom). Later I used iTunes "Add Folder to Library..." to bring in more CDs I had ripped & tagged. I used the top level directory thinking it would only deal with the new stuff. Afterwards, much of my iTunes library was re-afflicted with this "Artist - Song" syndrome. Please Register or Log in to view images This has been messing up the display on my ipod-interfacing car stereo too. Poking around, I found "Artist - Song" format being used in the album .M3U playlist files generated by EAC. I remember reading that iTunes did not recognize .M3U playlist files until v8. I have verified that using "Add Folder to Library..." when .M3U files are present iTunes is superimposing some of the info from the playlist until it opens the .MP3 file again when the song gets played or I use "Get Info". I then verified that repeating the process after removing the .M3U playlist file, the problem did not occur. I am removing the .M3U files because I don't use them anyway.