!!solution to error 1600 1601 and possable unknown error during failed restore!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnydangerous, Sep 6, 2009.

1. johnydangerous

johnydangerous New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys, if you're reading this, your probably at your wits end with your ipod/iphone, with the connect to itunes logo, the failed restores time after time, the constant error messages and irratating blogs that keep saying YOU HAVEN'T put your ipod into DFU (when clearly you have).
    Anyway i downloaded the new itunes 8.2 and found when i tried putting version 3 (legit) software from itunes to my clean ipod touch first gen, it shut it down and i was stuck with the connect to itunes screen. I did everything possable from DFU/RECOVERY, SHIFT AND RESTORE EVERY POSSABLE FIRMWARE EVEN TRYING TO DOWNGRADE, CHECKING MY USB PORTS, USB DRIVERS, RE INSTALLING INTUNES AND EVEN GOING THROUGH COMMAND PROMPT PROCEDURES. In the end the last thing i tried was using a macbook, i connected my ipod (in dfu)to itunes on a macbook that i never synced with before, the same old recovery/restore came up and violaaa.. it restored, and backed up everything from my pc straight after.

So take it from me forget all the other rubbish out there, this was the easiest and simplest solution. I assume the ipod will do the same on another pc, just i was fortunate enough to know a macbook user..

Hope this helps as i found too many unhelpful threads about connect to itunes and error 16xx on this site and the internet on the whole.

Johny Dangerous
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ughm.... thanks?
  3. johnydangerous

johnydangerous New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Johny Dangerous says

' if you haven't got anything good to say. don't say anything at all '
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iAppleCentral® says

' i dont give a sh*t '

... and theres plently other solutions that what you have above.