Solution for White Screen while in QuickPwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Garazu, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Garazu

Garazu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, I've seen some people talking about QuickPwn bringing them to a White screen on their iPod's/iPhone's while they were trying to jailbreak 2.2. I suffered from this and the 10.5.6 DFU issue while trying to Jailbreak my 16gb 1st gen iPod Touch.

Firstly, to get around the DFU issues, just use a USB hub.

I found a solution that might work for you. Run QuickPwn as normal up to the point where it makes you put your device in DFU mode. When your screen goes white on your ipod, just let QuickPwn finish out its transfers on the computer screen. Then unplug your ipod then plug it back in. iTunes will pick it up as being in DFU mode. Then shift+restore and find the ispw that QuickPwn made (should be on your desktop). Go ahead and click on it. It should start and you should be good then. Worked for me!

Sorry if this is old.
  2. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i didnt know quickpwn made a file. i thought it just jailbroke it?
  3. Garazu

Garazu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's what I thought also. But when I realized that iTunes picked it up as a DFU when I unplugged it and plugged it back it, I went to go create a ispw with Pwnage but QuickPwn had already made one on my desktop. If for some reason it doesn't make one for anyone else or that I already had that there (which I'm pretty sure that I didn't) then make sure to prepare an ispw.