Sold my Touch, got the iPhone (1st gen) and 'Pay As You Go' works!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therealduckie, Aug 27, 2008.

1. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As of 3pm today I no longer own an iPod Touch. I sold it to a 17 yr old kid who I pointed to this website. He'll be joining you guys with newbie questions and youthful excitement soon.

However, I am NOT giving up on my work or this site, completely.

Because...

Someone gave me a Gen 1 iPhone. It had a small portion of the bottom of the screen which didn't respond to touches so he bought the 3G.

But the story gets better.

I take it up to the Apple store and tell them the screen is messed up. I had researched it online and found it was a well known fault. 15 minutes after I get to the Apple store (which I lovingly refer to as the Land of OZ - where everything is magical and happy)...

The Apple Genius hands me a brand new phone...IN THE BOX. Of course it is STILL the 1st gen phone, but I don't give a crap. It was free. And not a scratch on it!

So I get home, charge it up, then call AT&T and ask them if I can buy a SIM card. They said they don't sell them...THEY'RE FREE!. I chose the PAYG option. 10 cents(US) per minute. No Plan. No Contract.

I pick up the SIM card 2 blocks from my house, take it home, jailbreak the iPhone, put the SIM card in...and it friggin works.

So now I have a brand new 2.5G iPhone with service and without a contract. And to top it all off...EDGE works.

The point of all this is to show that:

1. I will still be contributing
    2. I will try to be more active on iPhoneFanatics
    3. PAYG does work with the iPhone
  2. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Good 4 u
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    you got so freaking lucky but good for you
  4. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well to me counds like a big lie plus u havent changed your divice thing on your profile and just to be sure i would like to see some pics... if your goin to post like this then you need proof..... thats my opinin.
  5. Led

Led Banned

Dude, you shouldn't care that much. I'm happy for the guy that he got an iphone but cheatcode don't demand to see pictures.
  6. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    karma will bite u in the butt pretty soon, be scared
  7. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hey i said that he should if he wants people to belive him because at the moment i dont i could go make a post right now with every thing he said and some people would belive me but until he shows proof i dont belive him and i dont think anyone else should...
  8. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

i have an 16 gb ipod touch and im thinking about selling it and switching over to an iphone but i already have a phone from at&t so im just wondering, can u buy an iphone without the sim card and still use just without the phone or 3g or edge?
  9. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    *Cough* Come to iPhone Fanatics *Cough*
  10. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member