Sold my old Mac...how do I manage iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PaletteForMoonshine, May 16, 2009.

1. PaletteForMoonshine

PaletteForMoonshine New Member

Hello iPod Touch Fans! First timer here. I have a predicament that involves the inability to add/remove anything on my iPod without fear of losing my music. I recently sold my Macbook, which my iPod Touch was synced to. I have around 4000 songs, 100s of which are invaluable and irreplacable (demo versions, unreleased, etc.), so I would convulse and explode in the event that I had to sync it to a new Mac and lose everyting. My fiance has a Macbook and her own iPod...is there any solution wherein I can use her itunes (without replacing my songs with hers/viceversa)? There also isn't enough space on her computer for 30 gigs of music.

Bottom line is, I want to be able to add songs to my iPod again. And remove songs. And possibly Jailbreak it.
  2. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can't. Were they iTunes songs or *******s? If they were iTunes songs just re download cause once you buy them you can download them as many times as you want for free, now if they were *******s you just lost all of your songs, should have backed up!
  3. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use 3rd party software to remove the songs. Sorry can't help you with which software because i'm on Windows
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    you can sync/connect to a different computer and itunes with your own account just by re-logging in. i use 5 different computers (at family/friends and work) to manage my ipod.

you dont need to automatically sync your library every time you log into itunes. the syncing process can be manual if you choose. All my main music is on my home pc, but regularly use other computers/itunes (as mentioned) to add to/remove from my ipod.

Also, CopyTrans is a good independent application for accessing your ipod without itunes. This app allows your to copy between ipod and computer, where itunes only allows you to add or remove.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

use SharePod to rip all the songs from your iPod to your computer.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    For the songs, I'd use Senuti. That does videos too (I think).
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Use ipod2computer.com
  8. PaletteForMoonshine

Re-logging in? How do I do that? If you mean by logging in to my iTunes store, all the songs that I am referring to that cannot be replaced were not itunes songs. Does CopyTrans work for iPod Touch 2G?
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It might.
    Um, try googling for something if CopyTrans doesn't work.
    Or try what others above have said, like SharePod or ipod2computer.com
  10. PaletteForMoonshine

But thats just the thing. I can't copy my music from my iPod to her computer, because there is wayyy to much, and not enough space. I want kind of wondering if there is a way to import my library list (just the list, not of the files) to her computer, and use it in itunes independantly from her library. I know that you don't need the files for a song, if the listing still exists on your library. Is this a possibility?