Sold my ipod touch, getting an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by niko44, May 4, 2008.

1. niko44

niko44 New Member

So what's know officially about the 2nd generation iphone...Im most definitely waiting for that as i have the money...Which new features are speculated, and what will be the price?What's the estimated release date?I guess people can just discuss those kind of things here.Oh and im happy cause i sold my ipod touch the same price i bought it for and i bought it new

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Be careful. The 2nd gen iPhone may be just a rumor.
  3. shuft95

shuft95 Member

just buy 1 1st gen
  4. niko44

niko44 New Member

The thing is i will not get it till school ends(school ends in early june).By that time a 2nd gen announcement or something will probably be real close or hopefully leaked, and yeah i don't want the old gen having a 2nd gen coming out 2 months after(which would probably be the case if i buy it in june)
  5. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

ya it is a rumor but the iphone is going to have 3g network so it is more then 60% of a new iphone
  6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Not sure what you're trying to say, but if its that 3G makes the new iPhone 60% better than the 1st, you're crazy. Not only will 3G dramatically affect battery life, AT&T's 3G area is hardly all-encompassing. It will be years before 3G is the standard in the States and by then everyone will be clammering for 4 or 5 G.

But anyway, there is absolutely no proof that the WWDC is going to reveal the new iPhone. WWDC is typically a venue for the release of software and I don't see how it makes sense for Apple to release FW 2.0 simultaneously with the 2nd gen iPhone. Besides, one of the key features on the iPhone/Touch is that it was designed to be greatly enhanced by software upgrades and 2.0 is bringing a whole new world to the iPhone.

If you need and iPhone now, or have been dying to get one, I don't see anything substantial persuading you to do otherwise. In fact, I just got one a week ago and I couldn't be happier! Until we see an actual FCC report clearing the new iPhone for sales, it is nothing but a dream. Never forget that rumors are just rumors and can easily be portrayed as truth. Last year, May 16th or so, is when the FCC cleared the 1st iPhone. It was over a month later when it went on sale, and over 6 months after it was first announced.

And of course, I could be totally wrong, and the bew phone is released tomorrow! Either way, beyond 3G, possible GPS, and a new camera, I don't see a whole lot more coming hardware-wise with the next iPhone. it's all about the software, IMO.
  7. Flaminfire25

Flaminfire25 New Member

Ya im thinkin he same thing but im bought to buy the 1st gen because think about this....
    THERE MIGHT NOT BE A JAILBREAK ON THE 2ND GEN!!!
  8. wyvern706

wyvern706 New Member

yea right on will be made!
  9. niko44

niko44 New Member

honestly with the SDK and appstore i dont care about jailbreaking

10. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Yeah, the AppStore is going to be pretty good, but I like jailbreaking as well.