Solar Charging Touches ?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sk8erjonath, May 27, 2008.

1. sk8erjonath

sk8erjonath New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just went to check the technology actu and i saw this !!!

http://techno.branchez-vous.com/actualite/2008/05/vers_un_iphone_a_lnergie_solai.html

This is a french page but ill make a quick traduction here :

Apple just let us know that their are despositing a new project :

Having SolarSensors that will charge the iPod Touch & iPhone right under the touchscreen...

For now the only problem Apple noticed is that there is already too much stuff under it so the problem will be fixed, they assured us..

So...This would follow the project started by Vodaphone wich is a Solar Charger...

This will help to reduce CO2 gases emanations (As it will now be less charged with electricity) and will get us more Battery life with more portability...

So what are your opinions...

You can visit the link (In french)

http://techno.branchez-vous.com/actualite/2008/05/vers_un_iphone_a_lnergie_solai.html

Enjoy !
  2. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wont the excessive heat hurt the screen?
    maybe im just stupid but to me that seems like an issue
  3. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    already posted few days ago...
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

Not if the screen was built to hold the heat, but I cannot see this working because the solar panels have to be in direct contact with the sun. If a glass screen is covering up the panels, I just can't see it working.
  5. evel_king

evel_king New Member

@carlos It would recieve the exact same amount of heat as it does now, but it will make use of it by charging your iPod. At least I think so.

@steeped I read somewhere that the screen is built in a way that it wouldn't interfere with the solar panel.
  6. Lukinator

Lukinator New Member

What if they made a solar energy converting chip that plugged in to the bottom (not the headphone jack). So when you're away from a power outlet, you can lay it in the sun and it will charge.
    Sort of like the external camera I've heard talk about, only this would be a solar chip.