Software vs user cause of 1.1.3 jb issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by obsesivegamer, Feb 13, 2008.

?

Who's at fault nitwits vs software

1. Software is the problem

46.3%
  2. Nitwits are the problem

53.7%
  1. obsesivegamer

obsesivegamer New Member

lets have a poll and see how many people think it's the software that makes it so difficult or people don't follow directions and are nitwis

Personally it took me 3 tries but the first 2 were on my error and since most of the jb's now consist of you clicking download thats pretty sad......................... the only thing i had to do manualey was change permissions and my monkey could do that.if i had one.

OH and this is based on all jb's ipodtouchmasters, ijailbreak, etc And if you decide both you don't have to vote in the pole to do it you can just post you vote both sry for not adding that option
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    He didn't code it for the iPod Touch, he coded it for the iPhone.

So basically, its both. Human error and improper coding.
  3. H3X

H3X New Member

Not improper coding. He coded it correctly, just not for the touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

What's cmd, I put it on my desktop now what, I dropped my touch while pressing home with one hand and sleep with another. It's all apple's fault if you ask me.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How is it Apple's Fault?
  6. jlachesk

jlachesk New Member

I've successfully jailbroken my iPod at 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and the soft-1.1.3 upgrade. I never had any issues with any of them. I've done multiple versions of each to boot.

That being said, the ZiPhone gives me the "BSD root:" line over and over forever. So I have trouble believing you when you tell me it isn't working because I'm a "nitwit".

But I'll definitely agree plenty of people out there can't follow simple instructions!
  7. xDeViL

xDeViL New Member

lol he was kidding.... i got it... um i think its mostly peoples faults... i read many posts where someone posts exactly what they did and why isnt it working... but they always do at least one thing wrong... thats why im not updating... im stupid.. i dont think i can even manage vista maximus 2.0..... wish me luck...
  8. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well i think theres a little of both mixed in...there's always idots out there bound to screw things up...but there's always bugs, and in our case, security measures, that are present in electronics.....so its hard to say

lol and if ur not on 1.1.3 then installing my theme should go fine...
  9. RazMo

RazMo New Member

a bit of both... i would agree with you lot.. lol

i used the cmd version of ziphone and it didn't work but the ziphone 1.1 gui did.. so you cant say its all human error. as cmd version worked for half the people and ziphone gui work for some others.

saying that i've not had a problem with the bsd root but people have.. so its weird.
  10. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

I would say it's the fault of the software. Why? It isn't the proper software for jailbreaking ipod touches. It is for iphones. I don't have an iphone nor do I want an iphone so I will await a proper method for the touch. Fact is I've followed every direction in every tutorial for jailbreaking using ziphone, and each time I get the same result. BSD errors. I've tried being both in and out of dfu restore, regular restore, just an upgrade, and every other possible situation I can think of. I even tried copying all three dfu files from an unzipped 1.1.3 firmware, and iphuc'ed it over to the touch. That put me in dfu mode and from there I restored using iTunes. Then I followed the instructions given in the tutorials here, and still got the bsd error. It just doesn't work properly with 16gb touches.