Software programming needed for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by birdiecircle, Feb 1, 2009.

1. birdiecircle

birdiecircle New Member

I would like to develop a software solution for the Apple iPhone/iPod Touch that would enable people who are speech impaired to communicate with others. I have a son who was born with down syndrome and is also autistic and he can not speak.

I envision something like iTunes Coverflow where you would have images that represent what you want to communicate and when you select it there would be and audio communication through the device's speaker.

The Cloverflow design could provide on the first level several categories when one is selected it would take you to a subcategory or to a selection of images that could be selected.

The software would need to be something that could be customized to the individual, therefore, allowing them to show family, home, school, friends, pets, etc. There would need to be some way for someone who assists the person who is speech impaired to input these images and audio communications.
  2. JoshuaCaputo

JoshuaCaputo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you are really interested in this Im just finishing something similar for the deaf. Please email me : joshuaCaputo@gmail.com