Software editing scanned documents with images?!

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by yesno123, Jan 3, 2010.

1. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so what I'm looking to do is edit a scanned item which has bot text and images on it. I have tried OCR but to no avail although I may just be doing something wrong. I want to be able change text accurately and make almost a duplicate of this original item only with these small changes applied. I'm looking for software (preferably free but not neccesarily) or maybe a how to guide to this so I'd be really gratefull if anyone could point me towards either.

I have tried google but can't find anything that does specifically what I want it to do which I find as odd, I would have thought this to be a common enough thing to do.

Thanks this site has never steered me wrong so I said Id give it a shot.
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    why take it the hard way if there's a much easier one hmm??^^

you said small changes - well go for an image editing program for example gimp/photoshop and remove the part to be changed, then insert text using gimp/photoshop and you're done

Please Register or Log in to view images

ok ok to make it look similar you have to try some fonts but then it'll workout x)
  3. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well see the thing is that the document is a kind of a bluey colur which made it awkward and also I was unable to delete the text I could only cover and even after that for some reason it wouldn't save with these tiny changes. How do you type in text on Photoshop anyways I was only able to use the pen.

Sorry I sound very noobish only had a very quick go at doing this today. Thanks for the quick reply.
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    there is a Text tool (T symbol) in photoshop - and use the rubber to remove the old text, create a new layer and use the text tool to insert the changes then save it to a jpeg or whatever file (best quality setting)
    DONE
  5. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Will try that but when I delete the text will it come out as a White blank space or the same colour as the rest of the document. Can you also use that method to delete some of the images?

Thanks again for your great help and sorry for all the questions.