soft upgrade question....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by xlRiot, Jan 25, 2008.

1. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i searched and i found one but there was no answer, it syas i need firmware version 1.1.[12]. yes it is the right 1.1.3 soft upgrade version. but my question is:

1. do i have to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and re-jailbreak it?

or

2. can i just edit the system version thingy and change it to 1.1.2 and download it, then change it back to 1.1.3 once finished?

thanks

sorry for another one of these threads

Please Register or Log in to view images

wth? i downloaded mobile finder, and when i opened up the applications folder thingy, i have all the iphone apps, but when i click the home button the apps dont show :S im so lost
  2. mcgwire3

mcgwire3 New Member

as far as downgrading goes, I would downgrade to 1.1.1 ,jail break it and start fresh , you need to start fresh with a jailbroken 1.1.1, then use ibrickr to patch the 1.1.3 firmware.Changing the system preference to 1.1.2 would do nothing
  3. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

i mean for the 1.1.3 soft upgrade in the installer.app, when i try to download it, it says you need firmware version 1.1.[12]. what i meant was do i have to rejailbreak it OR can i just change the version to 1.1.2 download the 1.1.3 soft upgrade, and then change it back to 1.1.3