Soft case with cutout for Wifi Antenna

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by amadcow, Jun 10, 2009.

1. amadcow

amadcow New Member

Does anyone know of which cases (for the ipod touch 2g) that have cutouts for the wifi antenna?

I think the Incipio dermaShot case I have might be harming my wifi reception.
  2. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont think it would harm ur WIFI connection at all.. The signal travels through walls and other shizz.. So i doubt a little case would stop it..

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. amadcow

amadcow New Member

But those walls and other obstacles will also harm your wifi reception as would anything covering the antenna. But it's the amount of harm it does to the wifi connection that matters.

But right now my only signs I feel my wifi reception has decreased from the case is the less reliable Skype calls and larger amount of distortion in the sound quality.
  4. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

eeeh i never had a problem with WIFI and i use the rebel touch, Neo Touch and the incase prtective cover so i'm quiet sure a case don't affect your wifi unless you have a 2 cm thick pure steel case.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. amadcow

amadcow New Member

There's a chance I could be imagining it. It's really hard to tell because wifi connectivity isn't a very consistent thing. But I do know that my connectivity with Skype calls has gotten worse, but it could be from other factors unrelated to the case.
  6. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes I can guarantee you your case isn't a variable that is affecting your wifi connectivity. It's probably just the connection itself, possibly a problem with your ISP or the router. Unless your case is made out of lead or aluminum foil, you shouldn't have to worry about making a hole around the wifi antenna in your l33t Incipio dermaShot case.