So you guys want to use your schools wifi? (No jailbreak or hacking)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brayden.Smith, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Brayden.Smith

Brayden.Smith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've seen alot of threads saying things like "i n33dz0rz t3h g3t muh sch00ls w1f1 on muh t0uch!" and others searching for a WEP cracker application. Well it turns out its ALOT more simple than you think. You don't even need a jailbroke ipod touch to use this method.

All you need is: -Your Ipod Touch

-Access to one of the school's computers

-Retarded TRT's

First off let's start with the school's computer. Get on there and click on the start bar. From there, on the bottom-ish right hand side, you should see a tab that says Network. Your gonna wanna click on this. If you absolutely positively cannot find it, go into control panel and double click on Network and Sharing Center.

Step two. Click set up a connection or network. Left side bar guys. You should see an option that says set up AdHoc blahblahblah. Yeah click on that.

Give your network a name but obviously not somedown that sticks out. Maybe (insertschoolnamehere)WiFi. Also be nice to your fellow students and make it open so they can access it too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And there you go. Voila! Let the computer do its stuff and bam! You now have wifi on your touch at school. Go to settings-wifi on your Touch and the network should show up if you did everything right. Have fun everyone!

2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Yeah.... this would work if you have retarted TRT's... lol

Yep they have this blocked at my school

3. Brayden.Smith

Brayden.Smith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh sorry bout that bro. Hangon lemme add something.

4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Eh yeah some places don't have wireless cards in their computers. At my place the teachers have all the lappys.
  5. Brayden.Smith

Brayden.Smith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I mean like in tech lab with all the desktop computers. Or you could whenever you got the labtop from the teacher.
  6. redforeva

redforeva New Member

School desktops typically use wired connections since it's much faster than wireless connections; my school uses a T3 like line or something. Plus, everything is connected by a network, which is kinda bad if everything was wireless (terrible security).

Of course, there are laptops, but it's an on and off connection.

Even in my AP comp sci class, we use wired connections with our laptops.

I actually brought a laptop to school and used aircrack to find the WEP passkey, and went on one of the computers to find the filter tunneling proxy.

yay.
  7. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All our computers run with restrictions and blocks.
    But i think you can bypass this by using terminal/command prompt ( a .bat file)
    because thats what i use to get onto blocked websites
  8. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Well we can just login with our main username and password into our main router so not much use of this for me. But none-the-less this is an interesting find, and definitely something I will keep in mind.
  9. iatmyhome

iatmyhome Banned

yes that's right someplace there don't have any wireless cards
  10. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

to bad this doesnt work when i use my computer that connected on a wireless network thats far. I have a wireless Ultra N linksys. And doing the adhock while connected to a different network didnt allow my ipod to use my wirless card to connect. Maybe I need to get another wirless card to bridge the connection?