So why not crack itunes to accept edited firmware?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Ariathell, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    just wondering why this isnt done... to edit the firmware and restore to it and have a custom firmware but never having to jailbreak to get it
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm guessing its a hard thing to do. Btw wrong forum. Completely.
  3. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Because iTunes connects to the internet, so it's harder, and people will moan about how it's probably illegal.
  4. itouchfano1

itouchfano1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is the process of upgrading downgrading
    iPod-->iTunes-->Checks with apple (or TinyUmbrella)-->Sends response-->Restores the iPod (if says no give the user an error).

Just use TinyUmbrella to save your firmware shsh blobs then you can move between the firmwares freely. eg i went up to 4.1 for gamecenter name then back down to 4.0 for jailbreak.
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You must be thinking, "wow this might be a great idea and someone will dev it and I will get credit"

Ok there have been numerous threads on this, all ending with one answer, simply no.

Explained, you need to go online and your device need shsh blobs because it is written in one of the read-only files which are probably accessable through iboot or bootrom. As soon as someone gets into the iboot and bootrom and release a jailbreak there would be no use anymore to hack itunes.

iTunes does not actually need anything to install any firmware, its your ipod. Hack your ipod=jailbreaking=eliminate need to crack itunes.