so wheres the manual version

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by redstarrising, Jan 20, 2009.

1. redstarrising

redstarrising New Member

ok well i do belive that some of us probably wouldnt mind the manual way until there is a more user friendly version, i know i wont care, and some people iv noticed have used the manual version. i know you have to reinstall every time it shuts off, but iv yet to shut mine down more than 6 times since iv got it. is that bad? anyways just looking for a link. thank you for takin your time to read this
  2. zeipodtouchguru

zeipodtouchguru New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It hasnt been released yet. READ!
  3. Samslice12

Samslice12 New Member

It would be awesome if it had but unfortunately it hasn't been released. I agree, a tethered version wouldn't be too bad for me as I never really power mine of, I just put it on sleep.
  4. b00

b00 New Member

to be able to do it manually i believe iphone dev will ahve to release some illegal stuff so thats a no-no. the other ur talking about is the tethered jailbreak which hasn't been released as they are looking for a better and permanent jailbreak
  5. redstarrising

redstarrising New Member

damn there is no need to be a complete ass about it.

well thank you other people for your input, i wasnt on this site or the internet for 6 days because of work and noticed this morning it was jailbroken, but didnt have time to ask. i was just so happy to that its been done
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    just wish some things were available to the public
  6. Bi0hAzArD

Bi0hAzArD Member

It's on MuscleNerd's computer. I'm pretty sure that he won't release it how it is..
  7. mafi0z

mafi0z New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thought: maybe there should be a big,bold,red statement in the redsn0w forum with a link to the FAQ.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  9. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Just read the FAQ and it is excellent. One thing I don`t understand is:

Is the tethered version using apple distributed software and unreleasable or is the tethered version OK to release and they are just not choosing to until they are ready?

Basically, can they legally release the tethered version if they wish? How is this different to the manual version?

Chris
  10. redstarrising

redstarrising New Member

Well one would also hope for a microshaft or Linux release cuz I don't want to buy a. crapple for just one program i'd rather jailbreak my pod with a hammer but I won't