So whats the whole problem with apps effecting other?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Renegade, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok, I just thought of something...

I was thinking of Pocket Touch and how great it would be on 2.0 but then I saw a thread stating it couldn't be done via Apples rules.

Well, if Pocket Touch cannot be done then why is the application " Mating Call " See Here
    Allowed to be in the Appstore, along with many other apps like it? This particular application is effecting the phone app isn't it?
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

its allowed because apple allows devs to make apps that interact with the phone app in that way. they gave out special code for making calls (but not any other phone features), uploading to, downloading from, and viewing the photo gallery, and few other out-of-app interactions. something like pockettouch, however, would have to interfere with not just the music application, but also the framework that allows music to be played while that app isnt open. THAT violates apple's sdk guidelines.

besides, that particular app does nothing to the phone app. there is a simple code for making a call, and the iphone knows that that code means take the specified number and enter it into the phone app.
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    agreed
  4. soupdude551

soupdude551 New Member

hmmm, but what about sketches being apple to take pictures directly into the app and you can import photos from your photo library on your ipod. why cant u "import" songs into pocket touch
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i suppose you could, but it would be kinda weird uk cuz first the tags would need to be recognized, also youd be copying songs which would take up alot of room
  6. soupdude551

soupdude551 New Member

try, or apple could stop being dumb and just review the app and make sure theres nothing wrong with the application that uses the songs. oh well maybe soon.