so what's holding you back from an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by imadhdpositive, Dec 28, 2007.

1. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

We are all here because we have an iPod Touch, not an iPhone (unless you have both).

What made you choose the iPoT over the iPhone? They are around the same price and the iPhone has external speakers, EDGE, and a camera! But it only holds 8 GB. That small capacity is why I chose the 16 GB Touch.
  2. Henrique

Henrique New Member

well,
    Let´s see.
    1) Iphone is not officially launched in my Country. Although I can find it on black market as a "unlocked phone" I´m the ones that has some concerns on jailbreaking and etc.
    2) I have already a Motorola Q for phone/business, ie email reading and it´s nice and thin. Push email that directly syncs with Microsoft Exchange server. So I don´t need another phone.
    3) I had an Ipod Nano with merely 1 GB.

Based on this three points I decided to buy a new Ipod and the Touch was big in terms of space (16gb) and has some nice features as the WiFi so I could get into the internet and grab lyrics for the music I´m listening. In fact I got in doubt in choosing Ipod Touch or the new Nano. The bigger screen, the touchscreen and the Wifi turn the Ipod Touch into a much nicer experience so I decided for the Touch. Viewing videos and photos were aldo better experiences than the Nano.

But, If Apple decides to launch an Iphone more suited to people like me that will love to have those multimedia, pim AND true corporate email experience I´m on the list for sure.

By the way, for me the Ipod Touch is almost perfect. What I really miss is a notes application to jote some notes and also a copy/paste thing to grab internet content (ie lyrics) and save them on the Ipod Touch. That would really nice. Google Maps and email would also be nice but not killer apps for me.

Regards,
    Henrique
    São Paulo, Brasil.
  3. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

there is zero risk involvedi n jailbreaking your ipod touch. seems like you really need those extra features.
  4. chopshop

chopshop New Member

The only thing that stopped me from getting an iPhone is the fact that my cell phone bill would triple. I do like having 16G, but if the rate plans for the iPhone were more reasonable, I would definitely have purchased it.
  5. spraggih

spraggih New Member

3G

need at least 16GB. I thought I could not live without 32 GB but I have managed but 16GB is the limit.
  6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

i have a sweet phone already

plus i live in canada.. no service
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The contract, the small memory, the fact that I already have a perfectly good phone.
  8. GregMac1213

GregMac1213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I didn't want the contract and added monthly expense for the AT&T service. I rarely use a cell phone. I have one only for emergencies. So my ultra-cheap pre-paid plan suits my needs.
  9. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Because they're not the same price.
    I don't want a monthly fee.
  10. lyrical-tank

lyrical-tank New Member

once youve jailbroken your ipod touch then you already have the iphone apps i no it doesnt have the phone part but you could go out and buy a £30.00 phone that does the saem fing so im glas ive got my touch.