So whats going on?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Antihomie, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Antihomie

Antihomie New Member

Alright well i remember about a week ago when everyone said that the 3g was almost finished with the 3g unlock and the 2g jailbreak would be soon then everyone was happy. Did they hit a rode block or are they just working on the actual unlock finalization. I check every day and people are just less exited. I just want to know whats going on. Before you give me a link to google and rudely tell me to research please understand that i have and there is no new news about this on ipod touch fans and the iphone dev team does not work right for me now.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm guessing you were just looking for a poor excuse to start a thread. Both teams have websites and contact info if you need more info.
  3. Antihomie

Antihomie New Member

Well thanks for replying fast... I guess. I checked the dev team first they told me something about timberland 2.2 (not unlock) and before that then celb stuff. I cant get a hold of cronic dev, idk if its my schools blocks or it shut down. I also spend a good amount of time sifting through old post and getting mixed up with iphone 2g jailbreaks (when looking for ipod 2g jailbreaks) and getting sim mods when looking for 3g unlocks (so iphone dev might work on the 2g). I dont see why you have to assume that everyone else who is not as good as ipods is wasting your time, i check post everyday for new news and look how many post i have, please i only ask a few questions and i dont like being told i waste peoples time when i do.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It will be done when it's done. This question is asked everyday by several people who choose not to use the search function. If you wanted an iphone you could unlock you should have gotten and first gen and that gos the same with the ipod touch.
  5. Antihomie

Antihomie New Member

Alright thats complete bs. I check the posts on the 2g form every day Every now and then there is a persons with a new account asking the simple question of when it will be jailbreakable, I understand how that may be a little annoying however that is far from what i was asking, i simply did not see any updates on the dev blogs show i asked the simple question if that hit a block or if they are finalizing. I researched beforehand and found nothing, i asking for a few word response if anyone knew anything more then the blogs said. Its a pain to search on a topic that is in constant progress constiering that post get outdated within weeks and still contain the keywords (i still took the time to research). I check the forms too and those are also outdated and sence i have not looked through ever form ever made like you i do not know which ones contain useful information. I challence you to find anything on the site that is within the past week that contains useful info of the progress, its harder then it seems. Btw you do not need read and reply to ever post out there, if you think i am wasting your time or asking repeat question then dont answer or if you dont know and absolutely have to respond then say sry i dont know. Btw if you would have actually read my response then you would know that i want to know when the 3g is unlocked so progress can be made on the 2g. Telling people they are wasting your time helps absolutely NO ONE
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    it will be finished on Nov 21st at 3:30 PM. The 2G jailbreak will be done on Jan 3rd around 6am.
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

When it's not done, it's not done.
    The people behind it are working on it, so just be patient.

Progress Check:
    iPhone Dev Blog
    King Chronic Blog

If you searched, you would have found those two links and known the 3g hasn't even been unlocked yet. iPhone Dev Team, hence the name, is more concerned with the unlock, so your best bet is to stay with King Chronic whose main focus is the 2g jailbreak.
  8. Antihomie

Antihomie New Member

Ok, well i could not find the cronic blog and that link actually did help me a lot and for that i thank you. However i cannot stand hypocrites like you who manage to tell me to search or read up more on my issues when you dont even take the time to read post in the thread before you post some criticism.
    (I ovbiously already knew that the 3g was not unlocked yet) Not only did i have to tell the other guy to read but you still did not manage to take the time to read either. Teach what you preach. Im sorry that i got upset about your post, it actually helped me and you gave useful information with out being too condescending or stuck up like the other guy, i was just trying to prove a point.

As for the other guy for the very last time i did in no area of the tread did i ask when they would be done, i asking if the iphone dev came across problems and why the excitement seemed to be slowing down. That does not at all mean when will the 2g jailbreak be out, no one knows nor do i expect them to. There would have been no hard feeling if you would have just said that im sorry i mistook your tread as pointless posting and that i said you did not search. Instead you responded with childish comments that lacked relativity.
  9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Quick tip, users on this site aren't going to take the time and read blocks of text that seem just to give background. Just state the info, your question, and be done with it.

So:
    ^To the point. You need to understand this isn't like Apple Support. This is just users here spreading their knowledge and are bound to overlook a few things every once in awhile. Many of us are used to a format of quick posts, and it can be aggravating when you have had users who in the past post irrelevant info.
    e.g.
    *This causes us to generalize which contributed to our misunderstanding.

Also, no one here is a member or associated with the iPhone Dev Team or whoever. The members here just follow the released news, same source as you (iPhone Dev Blog), so we go on speculation. That is why jpga13 was a bit frustrated since we are only going by what we are given on the blog as you are.

Anyways, I apologize for my aging counterpart and myself.
  10. Antihomie

Antihomie New Member

Wow, you could not have given a better response. You helped me out a lot and you managed to incorporate that into your argument and you were well...right. Despite you being correct for the most part you still apologized for what (as of now) was a very little mistake of not reading the whole text. Anyways very well done and i was/is in no way being sarcastic.