So, what ARE "wiggly" icons?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by FallingBalloon, Jan 29, 2008.

1. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

I see people reference them constantly, but cannot find an explanation as to what they are...

I did use search, before anyone suggests I do. I can't find any descriptions... What's the big deal? Why are they talked about constantly? Oh God, I hate when I don't check the site for awhile, haha.

So, anyways, any explanations would be greatly appreciated, as always. Thanks ahead of time!
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

With the newest firmware, 1.1.3, if you hold your finger on any icon, all of them start to wiggle and you can drag them all around and arrange them in any order you want. Even on the dock. Way easier to use than customize. Plus you can have multiple pages while some spots arent filled up.
  3. whitepod

whitepod New Member

On firmware 1.1.3 with the software upgrade, you can touch one of the icons and they will all begin to wiggle, you then can rearrange the icons.

Damn, you beat me to it Paintball!
  4. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I WANNA SCREAM, SEAAAAAAAAARCHHHHHHHHH,

they are wiggly when you want to reorder the icons so you hold down a icon for like 2 seconds then it starts to wiggle and you move it anywhere you want (only 1.1.3)

Cheers,
    Ben.
  5. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's a new feature with 1.1.3 that happens when you hold an icon for a while. When they start to jiggle, you are able to move them anywhere on the home screen. You then press home button to finish.
  6. whitepod

whitepod New Member

Wow, he said he searched. Just answer his question is it really that hard. Or heres and idea, DONT POST!
  7. FallingBalloon

Allipodhax, I did search. I searched for "wiggly icons," and nothing came up with a description. I also searched for "1.1.3 icons" and still nothing.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

lol, guess ur not that good at searching

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyway the wiggly icons are a feature of the january upgrade, the new apps, for 1.1.3. all u do is hold down the icons and then u can rearrange them by dragging all on the homescreen if u want to see it in action look at this http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLhCX2Z-tEc&feature=related
  9. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i dont blame you. searching on this forum is a f***ing mind game lol. you gotta know just the right words or else youllg et 1000 pages of stuff with one of the words you put in the search in it. but it is pretty ridic that you dont know what the wiggle feature is. haha jk
  10. FallingBalloon

Yeah, it is a little pathetic, but hey, I had to learn somehow.

And a Double-Thanks to Higuys, for the video. No offence to everyone else, but telling me that the icons jiggle and then you can rearrange them doesn't help me out much. I got the main idea, but the video cleared everything up.

And I'm still getting used to the search on this forum. It seems like every time I need to search, the search is either malfunctioning or it doesn't give me anything I asked for...

I'm sure I'll get it down fairly soon, though, I'm a fast learner.