iOS 3.1 So something awesome just happend!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sickfee49, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I finally decided to upgrade from my 3.0 to 3.1.2 and re-jailbreak. I didnt want to lose any of my stuff so i used itunes to update and it worked fine.( But ofcorse got rid of the jailbreak ) Then i used Blackrain to jailbreak it. This is where the awesome part happens. Since all my settings were backed up, after i got cydia and installed everything it worked fine.

Now every one knows blackrain is tetherd, wich meens it requires a re-jailbreak on power up, but for some reason, when i power mine down then back up, there is no jailbreak required. It works fine.

It might be because i updated it while it was jailbroken or something but im really happy with it. Let me know if any one else has the same thing going on or can tell me why it happens this way
  2. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    maybe because youre using a 2G ipod and that has already been untethered, but the weird thing is you kept everything, didnt you use aptbackup or something
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This just might be the lead to an un-tethered jailbreak... For all users.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

.... No, he's using a 2G.. notice how he's upgrading from 3.0? 3G iPod Touches come with 3.1.1/3.1.2.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    My apology. I thought this was in the 3G section...
  6. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No i didn't use apt backup, what happened was when i download SBsettings It kept everything i had integrated into it, Poof, categories, ect... and applied all my previous settings. Im pretty sure its because it was already untethered with the 3.0 Jail break
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I should have mentioned this, but it takes about 60 seconds to boot up, idk if thats normal
    I will upload a video in a few mins, like 30 or so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9ONeM5rD8
    There it is
  7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Your on a 2gen. All ipods are untethered. But the 3rd gen ones. There tethered.
  8. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    He has the same story as mine. Upgraded jailbroken 3.0 on 2G to 3.1.2 and restore from backup. The backup even restored the numeric battery even before I jailbreak which SBSettings did. I guess SBSettings is backed up with iTunes backup. Since poof requires libhide from Cydia it may not have worked and only numeric battery did. since 2G is untethered, all was fine for me. If even ur Cydia was backed up without AptBackup then u r lucky. I downloaded most of my Cydia apps on pc so that I can install them using SSH without WIFI. wat happened to u had happened to me when Blackra1n was launched. I guess you are not the only one!
  9. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm didnt know that