SO once the official JB is released..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by melih, Jan 25, 2008.

1. melih

melih New Member

Should i downgrade to 1.1.1, to get rid of all my apps and have it fresh, get it JB, then upgrade to the official 1.1.3JB? Im currently using the 1.1.3soft JB but yea. If i dowgrade to 1.1.1 will everything be gone so it is all fresh? Except for my music and so on?
  2. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    its not really required... from what i have heard and my experience its fine to go ahead and upgrade..

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. melih

melih New Member

Yea im on 1.1.3 so far, but its all stufffed up. I mean i cant wiggle any of the icons around, and on my dock i only have safari lol
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, since this version of the jailbreak creates a fake firmware that should actually belong to an iPhone, you've sort of messed the thing up. So yes, when the other jailbreak is released, you will have to go down to 1.1.1, re-jailbreak, then start again.

However, if it is possible to "Update" to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3, instead of using various methods to force restore mode, then that would be your best option, because you'd get to keep all your settings for your apps.
  5. melih

melih New Member

Oh yea thanks, how do you mean by 'Update' to 1.1.1?
  6. Whosthatrandom

What I mean is that you shift click the "Check for Update" button, and select the 1.1.1 firmware. So technically you're downgrading, even though iTunes will claim it's an Update.

However, I think that there is no way to do this if you're on 1.1.3 firmware, because it will produce an error message unless you manually put it into restore mode. There's two ways of doing this:
    OR:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakjwxB3nQU

I'm not sure about the first option, but the second one forces you to use restore, you can't just update it to 1.1.1. So basically, you will lose your settings by using these methods to downgrade.

Can anyone confirm whether the simple method allows you to use the upgrade button to downgrade to 1.1.1, or can you only restore like with the iPhuc method?
  7. melih

melih New Member

Ah k, so once the official Ipod Touch KB is released, i should just go ahead and do what ipodtouchmaster did in his video to downgrade to 1.1.1?

Because theres a sticky thread which tells you how to downgrade to 1.1.1 and like you said you got to hold sleep and home etc. Couldnt i just do it that way?
  8. Whosthatrandom

Yes, that way works fine if you do it right. But I'm not sure if it allows you to use the Upgrade button, or if it forces you to restore like with the other method.
  9. melih

melih New Member

Ah k thanks for all your help. Ill do that tonight when i get home.

One more thing, when you said your not sure if it allows you to use the upgrade button, were abouts is that? As in, what do you use the upgrade button for?

Cheers