So now that the ipod touch is jail broken...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by njbrodeur87, Oct 9, 2007.

1. njbrodeur87

njbrodeur87 New Member

so now that the ipod touch is jailbroken...how long does it usually take..since some of you may know...does it take for us to start hacking/puttin the custom firmware they will release to allow us to finally start putting aplications on our ipod touch.
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well it hasnt been jailbroken yet, they still have no write access, only read access. im sure it will be soon enough that it will be though. hopefully the 1.1.1 ipod firmware runs the same framework as the 1.1.1 iphone firmware, then we can get all the apps from the iphone instantly.

EDIT: ah my bad dude, it has been jailbroken, just not to the public yet. i think im gonna go donate to my old pals Niacin and Skylark
  3. eskatonia

eskatonia New Member

jailbreaking is only part of the problem, in the 1.1.1 software on the ipod touch and the ohpne apps are signed and springboard has a "blessed" list of apps.

Need to wait a few days to see if the whole problem is solved or not.
  4. njbrodeur87

njbrodeur87 New Member

well accordign to that aticale posted in the other forum on engadet...it says they have run apps on the ipod touch/iphone. So basically all we need to wait for is for them to release this new firmware to the public which could be as fast as a few days?
  5. lifeinacoustic

lifeinacoustic New Member

No, I do not believe they have run appls on the iPoT, I do believe they have only gotten in and run the "Hello World".
  6. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

the jailbreak isn't ready yet, but HUGE progress has been made
  7. xavijam

xavijam New Member

Im agree with SoFellLordPerth16