So no way to jailbreak on 1.1.2 ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Gabe, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I see the sticky topic says if your already on 1.1.2 you cannot jailbreak, you have to be on 1.1.1 ?

I wanted to just restore in itunes to a fresh 1.1.2 ipod touch then jailbreak and install all the apps, music, videos back on because I don't understand the upgrade process from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

Any word if a 1.1.2 jailbreak is coming? If thats even possible?
  2. Mars12343

Mars12343 New Member

dude just downgrade to 1.1.1 then upgrade after you have installed the patch...
  3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm still on 1.1.1

I don't understand the upgrade process. Where the guide says to back up your apps I don't understand, so I guess I will have to wait for a real 1.1.2 jailbreak.
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    All you have to do is get OktoPrep, and then upgrade to 1.1.2, using iTunes. Then use the new TouchFree to jailbreak... Simple!

To back up your stuff, just SSH, and download it from your iPod.
  5. mackman37

mackman37 New Member

OktoPrep will not download for me, It continues to tell me "Main script execution failed" I have tried everything i know and have restored to 1.1.1 several times and I still can not get it to work. Any ideas on how to do it without oktoprep or on how to get oktoprep to work.
  6. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thats all? So no apps, music, or anything will be on my itouch?
  7. Nemes

Nemes New Member

Things placed outside of the jailed environment (applications and most of their settings) will be lost if you don't back them up. Music and everything else will be fine.
  8. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You will NOT loose your music, video, etc. but you will loose your iphone apps and stuff you installed with Installer.

Once your 1.1.1 iPod is jailbroke, then upgrade to 1.1.2 with iTunes. After that it is even easier than before to get your iPhone apps back without a computer just using the Installer App.

There is a post that tells you how to do that.
  9. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yea, I didn't bother backing up my apps. I figured it would just be easier to download what I wanted again from the installer. I was hesitant to download customize, but i found a thread that explains how to get it to work properly on the iTouch.
  10. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok thanks, I probably wont back up any apps then since theres nothing I can't just download from installer again.