So much for the "iPad Killer"...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mobious, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I'll wait to see reviews when the device is actually available to consumers.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. William

William New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Courier is the runner up. Even though its still a "concept", I like the idea of a microsoft vs Apple showdown
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised..
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

if ASUS were to make an x86 tablet running windows/linux, they could use SHE (super hybrid engine) software to make the battery last (newer ASUS netbooks have 10+hr battery life). i think they are going ARM though (which is the better route). tablets dont need full blown OS's like windows on them. id much prefer 10hr life vs 4-5hrs in terms of this HP Slate.
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

And neither am I. HP fails, I have said that for years ever since my first product from them failed.
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I actually like HP's products; I've only bought desktops from them and Dell. Dell's fail like clockwork every 2-3 years. My HP desktop still works (it's retired, but it works). I even bought a gaming desktop from them. I own two of their netbooks (mini 1000 and 311). Both are awesome.

But this looks like a fail. Windows 7 (which I love, I really do) should not be on a touchscreen device. Edit Linux (they have their own Linux OS, it shipped with the Mini 1000 if you ordered it that way). Put that on there; it was good looking, fast, and made the battery life awesome.
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Number of successful Apple PMPs: Many
    Number of succesful Apple PMP-'killer's: ~1
  9. Zc456

Zc456 Member

And people wonder why everyone was so excited about Apple's iPad. This proves why Windows-based tablets failed to catch on.
  10. Best Name Ever

Best Name Ever New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    agreed.
    windows 7 should not be on a touchscreen device. its just not going to work. touchscreen devices need something simple and effective and that is the iPad.
    the courier is great feature wise, but i think it will fail simply because it runs windows 7.
    IMO, tablets with windows 7 dont work because windows 7 is such a powerful OS and it needs a PC or a laptop and not a tablet.