So much for iPod touch Fans being against piracy.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Chris Hansen, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

I understand the moderators and Bgizzle are punishing users who post and/or ask question that relate to cracked apps from the App Store, but what about Apple's copyrighted code that's being distributed all over the redsn0w sub-forum?

Almost every application/program in the redsn0w sub-forum contains the iBSS.dfu and iBoot.img3 files in their zip files and/or rar's. I don't understand how these are any different.

This is exactly what the iPhone Dev-Team was trying to prevent. They didn't want the distribution of Apple's copyrighted code so they went ahead and made an alternative way.

If this isn't taken care of soon, bye bye piracy-free reputation iPod touch Fans.
  2. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So true they should ban the people that made them.
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Yes but what can we do about that?

Unfortunately - saying "Google it" doesn't work for everyone, and the threads have over 1.5k posts each... making it impossible to stop stuff like that happening.
  4. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

Here's what my I would do.

First, delete all of the threads that link to RARs or ZIPs that have the files in them, regardless of the post count in each thread.

Second, make an announcement about the subject like Danl92 did with the cracked apps situation.

Third, make a tutorial that shows how to retrieve the files the right way, the way the iPhone Dev-Team wants everyone too.

And finally fourth, start punishing people who post links to the files.
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Would be an epic task to do... could take AGES. How do we know whether a smaller thread has them in? or where they actually ARE in the larger thread?
  6. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the only way to stop is an instant ban to the users who post the DLs and to remove their threads . there is a way to get the files without illegally downloading, some one should make a tutorial and one of the mods should sticky it, that would help at least.
  7. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

Well, if the link is in the original post, dispose of that thread. No need for it anymore. Chris Stroud is currently making an application that will allow you to jailbreak the iPod touch 2G the right way. Now, that is something I cannot wait for!
  8. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    anti-piracy on the internet? what has the world come to?

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

Piracy will always exist until humans find a way to make computer software, music, movies, etc, impossible to pirate. That won't come for years. But here at iPod touch Fans, we can avoid it by not allowing it. We've been pretty fast to getting users talking about cracked applications punished, now it's time to take charge against the OP's who have posted links to Apple's copyrighted code.
  10. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it was sarcasm. BTW i agree with you, but i think you're fighting a river with a twig. steps need to be made but it'll take time to get this all cleaned up.