SO many problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by crazysamm94, Jul 27, 2008.

1. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm pretty mad now :[ Since my ipod wouldn't go into DFU mode and I also had another issue with it, I got a new ipod, after about 4 hrs trying to jailbreak it. Get my ipod replaced with a brand new one. Finally, I can put it into DFU. I shift + click restore. YET AGAIN, get the error 6 message. I dont even know what this message means. I was using winpwn for that. Created a new ipsw and same thing happened.. Now I download xwinpwn. Create the ipsw. Follow the steps. Last step asks me to shift click and restore and find the custom_ipod.ipsw. Well, lucky me, I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Please, I REALLY need help.
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Well for the custom firmware, you had to make it, and save it somewhere. So if you cant find it, do it again and save it somewhere easy to find like desktop.
  3. Dardan

Dardan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you get the "6 error" it means you didnt put it into DFU mode correctly. As for the custom .ipsw, you decide where to save it so idk how you cant find it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

I had to have put it in DFU correctly. I dont know how the heck you could put it on incorrectly.. Ughh this is such a hastle. I'll try what you said again..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Heres the thing... I just redownloaded the whole xwinpwn and there isnt even a section where custom firmwares would be located. Will it just appear or...?