So just out of curiosity...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stfuplz123, Feb 18, 2008.

1. stfuplz123

stfuplz123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So my school has wi-fi and I already know the password, which is the default password. Anyways, kids in my class bring laptops and are on myspace and such while the teacher is feeding us bull and I can't use the wi-fi. So I was just curious if they have a block on portable devices and if so, is there any method/software that will bypass this? Sorry if this has been answered (first post for me).

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I think there is something that allows only computers to get on wi-fi.
    I would check DNS if you can, and see if there is a WEP or W[I forgot the other Letters.

]
    password/code.

MAC FILTER!
    1 person likes this.
  3. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

for your first post this is a interesting one, i do not know of such a way to bypass it, but if thier is a way to i would be very interested......oh btw is this default for most schools? is u r in the UK i would like you to PM me it plz lol

(if admin den i kno lol)
  4. iPodTouchEdwards

its not the fact that its only compters, its called a mac filter or something like that....the name pritty much says it all....it is a majour annoyance
  5. stfuplz123

stfuplz123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh were you asking me if I lived in the uk? sorry your sentence was somewhat confusing. I'll get back to you on all the info on the DNS and such as I have to go back tomorrow -_-... (I live in the US btw)
    And to quote BMANZZS. sorry i'm from SKr
  6. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

Oh, I couldn't tell. I just thought you wrote it real quick or something. =P
  7. stfuplz123

stfuplz123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. iPodTouchEdwards

sorry bout my bad writing, i was eating at the same time at that moment lol

ok u live in the us alrite.
  9. touchey

touchey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, so I don't understand what you mean when you say you can't use the WIFI ? You mean you can't connect? By default password, I assume you mean that the school uses the same password for all students in the school, right? If I'm right on both of those assumptions, then your problem is an easy one. Your password is wrong - try it again. Your password is a WEP or WPA, or it would be a login - which would mean you have already connected. Make sure your entering it exactly, as the touch will many times accept a WEP even when its wrong and just NOT connect.

I don't think it could be a MAC filter, as the school would have a very hard time trying to control who gets on and who doesn't by filtering. The MAC identification IS unique to each device (not device type) so unless you caused a problem before with your touch, they would have no way of knowing if your device is a computer or a touch OR belongs to you as a student or to the Dean of Students. Make sense?

Keep trying the key (or password as you call it)
  10. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Least your school has wifi