So I've Jailbroken my iPod. Now where do I get apps and games and stuff?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by JohnFa, Aug 4, 2008.

1. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

I've finally manage to Jailbrake my iPod! Only took my about 6 hours... <--- NOOB!

Now what do I do? Where do I get apps and games and stuff, and how do I install them? I have Cydia on my iPod, but I have no clue how to use it. Where can I read up on this stuff?

I don't have WiFi at home so I can't access anything through my iPod.
  2. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

Ok. Open Cydia. go to The home tab, and scroll to Open SSH instalation, and Install it. Then, go to Sections, and download away. You should get Winterboard, Customize, and NES, Bossprefs, etc.
  3. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

Problem is; I don't have WiFi at home. Is there anyway to download stuff manually and put on the pod using the computer?
  4. jrcdude

jrcdude New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You can only do that by using the App Store on your computer, then syncing to your iPod.
  5. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

For example; if I wanna put a Playstation emulator or a NES emulator on my iPod, how do I download and get it into my iPod?
  6. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

What firmware are you on? Go to Settings, About, And, it should be a 3 or 2 digit number, like 1.1.4, or 1.1.2, or 2.0. Which one are you on. If you're on 2.0, you can't get Playstation, and gamboy, but you can get NES.
  7. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

I'm on 2.0. Is PSX and Gameboy still just for 1.1.4? Is that something that will be updated?
    Are there any guides out there on how to install stuff? I really don't have a clue since I just jailbroke today.
  8. whitka

whitka New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The applications for GBA and PSX roms are only for 1.1.4 and below. You need to downgrade to get them or you can just wait for them to be ported. Once on 1.1.4 you download the application from installer once you have downloaded bsd subsystem and Open SSh. You then search for ROMs in google and put them into the folder the applications tells you too via SSH. You then change the preferences to 755 and then your done.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

So how about apps and stuff that's out for 2.0? How do proceed to download and install them? Is there some kind of guide I can read? I don't know what to do with my jailbroken pod...
  10. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    There arent a lot of apps yet go to your local starbucks to use there wifi or somewhere else to download from cydia