So it turns out this is not the 3rd Gen! *Proof*

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by geoman92, Sep 11, 2009.

1. geoman92

geoman92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, of course this is just my opinion, it turns out that im pretty sure this "new" ipod touch is really just an updated 2nd gen. U know with all those problems that they had supposedly wit putting the cameras in, they probably just made it into the regualr 2nd gen case and updated the processor and stuff a little. And we know they had to change something and make them just faster because obviously they werent ready. Thats why my apple store has the 5th gen nano but not the "new" touch! They obviously hadnt planned this and thats why its taking so long to come out. Now why do i say that its technically not a new generation? Well heres the link: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB770G/A
    Ok so u see how it has for compability the 5th Gen already? And of course some other compatible ipods or iphones. So how come it says 2nd Gen only, if we know the "new" touches are shipping with these headphones. How come it doesnt say compatible with 3rd Gen.? Like i said this is just my opinion! Feel free to comment!

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Check this out: http://support.apple.com/specs/#ipodnano

You see how apple is calling the new nano with camera the 5th Gen? So how come Apple isnt calling this "new" touch a 3rd Gen? I think im gonna wait for the real 3rd Gen!
  2. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    They just didn't update them to say 3rd Generation.
  3. TooSkilled27

TooSkilled27 New Member

Totally agree with you. I'm pretty sure they took the cameras out last minute . If they had what the rumours had suspected it would be called 3g.
    I think i'm gonna wait for the 3g with camera as well. Lets hope its October.
  4. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Misleading title much?
    "So it turns out this is not the 3rd Gen! *Proof* - Well, of course this is just my opinion"

This is the general consensus though, at least now there's a thread on it.
  6. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  7. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have absolutely no respect for you
  8. geoman92

geoman92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea watever point is personally i think there will be a 3rd gen ipod touch someday and this aint it!
  9. reddmhjlh

reddmhjlh Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Apple hasn't updated the iPod Touch technical support page yet. So far, your "Proof" is invalid.
  10. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

as i've said once...regardless if this is an upgrade or not...to new ipod touch peeps like myself ..we still have one good thing going because of the price drop.