So is WinPwn 2.0 as good as it gets?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Gabe, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm seeing so many threads about problems with it. and then you have to put it in DFU mode, need itunes, this and that. Is this half ass thing as good as it gets? I remember using iLiberty+ and it was a walk in the park to JB 1.1.4 and thats all there was to it.

Now I'm not trying to disrespect WinPwn team and the devteam and I realize its free but if this is the way its going to be for awhile where you gotta rub your stomach and wipe your ass to get things working then I dont see my self going to 2.0

Are their any estimates or ideas when something more stable will come out?
  2. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well we're hoping that they're going to update winpwn soon so the bugs will be fixed but who knows...
  3. Shawn Wreck

Shawn Wreck New Member

You don't see iLiberty with a jailbreak for 2.0 do ya? Nope.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    2.0 is much more complex than 1.1.4. And when the 1st Jailbreak was made for 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 (iPhone), it would take 72 steps. This is just a walk in the park compared to that. And PwnageTool/WinPwn is a huge achievement in that you can customize firmwares! This would be unimagined just less than a year ago. So be grateful that you even have THIS. Why are people getting lazier every month (Oh, wait, I'm writing this lying down on a sofa)?

My point is, these guys don't even ask for money (except for cmw), and they work almost 24/7. I wish I had half the willpower of them. People like Zibri disgust me. Working for profit and all... taking all the credit for work he did not do, without any knowledge.

[/rant]
  5. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    What does that have to do with anything. just trying to get your post count up?
  6. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

That was an actual fact, unlike your post...

I liked the easy one button push ones ;o;...

-Click- Yay installer!
  7. Ska8r411

Ska8r411 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well eith the update,its got a button to put it in DFU mode for you...it saves some time
  8. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

: O! It has a DFU button?

Now I want to override my xWinPwn :x

But I'll resist

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Shawn Wreck

Shawn Wreck New Member

O Yea! Everyone wants to be a forum whore. Wow get real. I can care less about my post count. you were trying to compare the dev team to iLiberty, that's why I said they don't even have a jaibreak for 2.0. So how can you compare iLiberty with the dev tem if iLiberty doesn't even have a jaibreak.
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I don't see iLiberty with a 2.0 jailbreak.

Also, do you know exactly how much more complicated 2.0 is than 1.1.x? It's insane that the Dev team released such a simple jailbreak for 2.0 in such a short amount of time. You're lucky you don't need to hex edit system files using unix tools to jailbreak your iPod. This is not "half assed", this is quality tools from the smartest minds in the field of jailbreak, all collaborating to make it as easy and quick as possible for stupid sh*ts like you.

Shut up and hail the dev team like you should be.