So is Apple pissed or what? lolz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linkhero, Feb 21, 2009.

1. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol, I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Apple is 'declaring' jailbreaking illegal, its pretty funny how this occurs after the 2nd Gen jailbreak coming out, hahah

Here are some nice quotes

Apple is wrong. Restricting software that can be run on a machine is very, very wrong, it would have a worse effect than any Microsoft monopoly. And if Apple can get away with it, everyone will try it. - Nutjob

I feel that If I pay $500 for a piece of equipment, I should be able to do what I want with it. Today I was told by a sales rep from AT&T that Apple placed a kill switch in all iPhones that will render the phone impotent if you try to jailbreak it or hack it, even to perform a complete system backup. This is absolutely ludicrous. Apples closed-minded, closed systems hinder us all. - Kenny

And Microsoft is meant to be evil? There is no company less interested in the freedom and happiness of its customers and more intent on monopoly than Apple. - Ralph

I find Apple’s actions 1000x worst than Microsoft. - TM

This is simply a way for Apple to ensure that their software is moderated by themselves. It is a very selfish way of working and will most likely be met with resentment from many individuals. - Neil

If I purchase an item, do i own that item or does Apple? if I truly own it, I can do with it what I’d like. If I want to put 15″ rims on my car, I can do that, and the car will still work, although my odometer readings, mileage, and handling may be affected.

If I “jailbreak” my iPhone, and subsequent software updates from Apple disable (or “brick”) it, then it seems I do not have full ownership.

- Jim Lyons

Too lazy to post more but here is the article

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/could-you-go-to-jail-for-jailbreaking-your-iphone/
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Consoles are one of the most closed platforms out there. I wonder why no one goes after those.
  3. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because, it is quite different, for consoles even the community is incable of doing much even if they could, for the touch, we have a community capable of doing MANY things and Apple is getting their big boy panties all in a bunch

also, no one in the console community really care
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is so not true. What about people hacking and developing homebrew for the consoles or the portables? The iPhone and iPod Touch is basically the same thing.
  5. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Handheld community I know is screwed, Wii also I know of, and.. no one is complaining about the Homebrew on Wii atm because Nintendo has failed at stopping it, I guess you're right to a degree
  6. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well wouldn't you be angry if you were apple?

They're losing tons of money on cracked apps, and this is the only thing that they can do to stop app pirating.
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sony has been semi-open with their Playstation consoles. By allowing the PS2 and PS3 to run Linux. BUT, on the PS3, its limited. Its more virtualization than it is actually installing it. Sony is open, but still controls how much power goes into Linux itself.
  8. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it can't be, but they are doing everything they can I assume =.= even going as low as this
  9. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Low?

• Group A uses Sticks
    • Groub B uses Knives
    • Group A uses Stones
    • Group B uses Arrows
    • Group A uses Pistols
    • Group B uses Muskets
    • Group A uses Rifles
    • Group B uses Semi Automatic Rifles
    • Group A uses Rockets
    • Group B uses Missiles
    Get where I'm goin?

Developers who develop for the App Store are losing money. Seeing the insecurity of the platform and could leave.
  10. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, but I can only laugh at them because they're trying to make something that most of this forum does (jailbreak their ipods) illegal