iOS 4.0 So is anything actually included in the iPod Touch 2G version?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bamhm182, May 7, 2010.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just upgraded my 2G iPod Touch to 4.0, and I can't find a whole lot of anything, mainly the new bigger features, anywhere. I knew there wasn't going to be any multitasking for it, unfortunate, but I got over it. Then I see no option for a springboard background and find out that this too isn't in the 2G version. I write these off and continue looking for more new features. Folders? Nope. iPod Controls/Orientation lock? No avail. So what's the deal? So far the only new thing I've seen is the version number change in the Settings app, the airplane mode, and the new calculator icon.

I'm thinking about just reverting to 3.1.2. Any reason why I shouldn't? Am I attempting to open the iPod Controls/Orientation lock bit wrong? Do you have to do a magic dance while wearing a shaman hat to add a folder? What am I missing?
  2. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I too am wondering this before I actually try out 4.0, except I have MC model of 8GB.
    I am about to buy the SDK kit.
  3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is the MC version the version that was released when the 3G was released? I'm thinking it would be the same case as mine.

Something I completely forgot about, Apple doesn't like people to downgrade, and due to this, I'm now unable to restore my iPod to its previous state. Goodbye gamesaves! I suppose I could just SSH them back in, but ugh, that's such a pain... *begins to wonder when he last saved and what he'd loose if he were to just shut off life and turn it back on before remembering that life isn't a video game*
  4. ranjian666666

ranjian666666 New Member

• Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    how do you sync an iPod to a library on another computer without erasing the files?"
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    How do you sync an iPod to a library on another computer without erasing the files?"
    Does anybody knows ?
  5. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes the MC was released around the same time, but it does not use 3G hardware. So it is still a 2G iPod.
    Yeah I always do my research before attempting things.
  6. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Welcome to Apple product ownership
  7. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I usually do too, but I'm completely mentally and physically exhausted ATM, so I didn't feel like looking too much into it. Bad idea IMO.

@ranjian, if you're not a bot, this isn't the place to ask that. Also, I'm not sure how you'd go about that, sorry. Try asking in the iPod Touch Tech Help section.
  8. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You actually can downgrade to 3.1.3 right now even though you don't have your SHSH hashes saved (I recommend you save them right after downgrading though). All you'll need is a 3.1.3 iPod Touch 2G IPSW file and do a Shift-Click restore (Alt-click on Mac).
  9. johnathon

johnathon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have an ipod touch 2g. I can make folders. Also, springboard background is coming to the ipod touch 2g but it just isn't implemented in the current beta. I have contacted apple about the background thing. Unfortunately I can't show you the reply as it would be breaking the NDA. Also, if you didn't know, hold down on an icon until they start shaking then drag one ontop of the other. This will make a folder with the two apps
  10. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ah, alright, I hadn't tried that. I had already downgraded to 3.1.3, turns out I somehow had a backup from there that wasn't synchronized with 4.0, so I was able to get a majority of my saves back. I might give 4.0 a try again later, maybe around the GM, but for now I'm content with 3.1.3 JB.