So Invisible Shield is the best case/protector to get?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DTGS, Aug 17, 2008.

1. DTGS

DTGS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I've finally convinced my parents to purchase me an Invisible Shield, but won't be getting it anytime until next week...(Pay day I guess?)

So I have a few questions about Invisible Shield...

1. The main one...is it worth getting? Will it truly prevent scratches?

2. How easy is it to put on my iPod Touch? Could I mess up?

3. How does it feel? I'm aware it gives you a better grip? Does that mean it's sticky?

4. Do I really have lifetime warranty? Does that mean once my shield wears off they'll send me another one?

5. Not really having to do with Invisible Shield but, I've noticed two or three small pieces of lint that are within my iPod Screen...how do they get there and how do I get them out?

Thanks!
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Yes it will prevent scratches, but in no way will it help you if you drop it, so get a case

On the ipod touch is is fairly easy, on the iphone 3g it is near impossible. On the ipod it is pretty easy to apply

It is not sticky, just has these bumps that prevent it from moving around too much, kind of like a rubber case

Lifetime warranty means if your shield rips scratches breaks tears peals up gathers dust etc, they will replace it
  3. lewisb62

lewisb62 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    sure.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    invisible shield is amazing, i have it on my iphone 3g, and it wasnt that hard to put on

mostly because you can reapply it if you mess up.

it is completely scratch proof, but you still want a hard case on to protect it from damage from dropping it,

but yes it is worth the money and yes there is a warrenty
  5. PG21

PG21 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    the only precaution you should take is that you apply the film in a dust-free area... don't want them to get stuck and haunt you forever right? :]
  6. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

1. I think it's worth getting. Though I don't know about paying $25 for it. I got 50% off. But I do think it's better than any case. I like to keep it thin. Just be careful & don't drop it. I do have a cheap silicon case to use in case I go hiking or running. It will keep it scratch free. Though I don't know the aftermath once you decide to take it off.

2. For me, putting it on was easier than I thought. Just take your time. Mess up? Take it off & spray more solution onto it. I applied it in a steamy bathroom with hot water running. Keeps the dust & lint to a minimum. Make sure there's not huge bubbles. The small ones will go away with a few weeks.

3. Course, it's not going to be as smooth as being naked. There's going to be a bit of friction. I didn't like it at first, but after awhile, you just get use to it.

4. The lifetime warranty only works when you return the old IS to them. They'll send you a new one. I'm about to do mine. The edges were starting to get dirty & peel off.

5. I've noticed a few specks of dust inside my screen as well. Probably got inside through the dock opening. Sucks too. I suggest getting a dock connector protector.
  7. psychzzz

psychzzz New Member

I've just applied my invisibleSHIELD on my iPhone 3G (like 10 min ago) ... it was pretty painless but there are some little bubbles here and there.

Personally, even with the squeegee; it's pretty hard to get rid of all the bubbles and moisture cause I find with the black backing and the wet solution and all... it gets pretty hard to spot all the bubbles.

I just hope that it'll actually go away in a couple of days cause it just irks me to see that it's not as perfect as it claims it can be.