So I'm Buying The iPod Touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Milesneptune, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This may seem pointless to you but I'm buying an iPod Touch 3g. I know that many of you think Apple failed with the new iPod Touch. I think differently. Look at it compared to the 2g. It has better graphics and a much better processor. I also see this as opportunity for my windows on iPod project. With the faster speed I might be able to do it. Many of you are disapointed that it didn't get a camera. I see why you would want this but just think if there had been no rumors of a camera what would you think of this iPod? I will try to jailbreak this iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Might be able to do it by trying some of the Chronic Dev Team's exploits. I hope that they have left the 24kPwn vulnerability. That will make it much easier. I would like to say don't look as the iPod Touch 3g as a bad device that Apple failed on think of it as a very fast device than can play great apps.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't blame you! Enjoy the new 3G iPod touch.
  3. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Yeah I'm going to get the 32GB in stores soon
  4. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm gonna wait for the 4g and wow my 1g iPod touch is a trooper
  5. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where are you getting your information, because a lot of it seems to be enthusiastic bullsh*t. I see this as a huge lack of functionality that is only going to limit the ipod touch. How long until we have thousands of apps that can't be used on the touch? Thousands of stripped down versions of games. It plays the same apps as the other ipod touches, apps that are optimized to perform, so with the 3Gs, you'll save a couple seconds here and there, hardly enough to warrant a price upgrade. It's not the new memory, because that gets cheaper to produce everyday.

It's not about the camera and taking pictures and videos, it's about the functionality that comes with it. It has a wide number of uses, many of which haven't been considered, that are going to pass right over the iphone. They said they didn't want to put the cam on the touch because they see it as more of a handheld console function, so it didn't fit.

Well my question is this, how the hell does it fit with the nano? It's like, they were FULLY aware of what people wanted. Totally conscious of it, so naturally, they give it to the nano, the platform that can take the LEAST advantage of it, the platform that can't use ANY of the apps that take advantage of it. It makes ZERO SENSE, none whatsoever.

And then they give the 8 GB a measly $30 price drop, and eliminated the 16 GB. I assume this is because if they kept the 16 GB, they have to put it at the 200 range, and the 32 in the 250-270 range, and the 64 in the 300-350 range.

This would cut too much into their profits, no no, keep the old 8GB so it creates a nice foundation on which to overprice the rest of the ipod touches. Clearly they are raising the apple tax, and substancially I might add.
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What happened to all that talk about getting the Zii or the Zune?

Please Register or Log in to view images

You practically went crazy making threads about them.