So, I want to get the new ipod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Guegs, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, I want to get the new touch, but my mother doesn't want me to buy one. The one I want the the 16GB 2G, but she says that Ipods and music devices make it difficult for a person to concentrate (she is an education physiologist). I told her that I am not one of her ADHD clients and that I think that is a bunch of bull. Then she said that I am supposed to convince her that I should be able to get one, so here I am.

I run a lot (about 4 times a week) and she tells me that the Nike+ is inaccurate and I should just keep measuring my distance by using math (d=r(t)), so PLEASE help me convince my mother to let me buy an Ipod Touch.
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    nike+ is very accurate my neighbor has it and he tested it out by running 10 laps on the exact same route and it was within a meter from all the others
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

that's dumb.

If I have enough money I can buy whatever I want. My dad almost never buys me anything unless its for a birthday or christmas.
  4. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well ya, I buy my own stuff too, but she is my mother, and I have to respect her opinion.
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

shes saying you have to convince her, but you never will they always find a flaw in the plan lol, and for the ipods being distracting, well in all fairness id say they are, but not as distracting as some of the girls

Please Register or Log in to view images

...gotta say i get more work done with my ipod playing than i do without music
  6. ChukiChu

ChukiChu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are programs from the app store that actually is suppose to relax your mind; one of them is called Ambiance. You could tell your mom that it would help you concentrate on your homework by letting your mind reveal itself to the calmness of nature. Good luck lol !
  7. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    have you told your mom it has a scientific calculator :O

and there's a whole category of apps specifically for education.
  8. vanluuk

vanluuk New Member

one word :

Brain Tuner, in the APP store

and you can tell her , we(from ipod touch fans) think shes UN cool...

9. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Look online, I'm positive that there are studies linked to listening to music and doing homework, or just working in general.

I've heard of this many times, and have learned about it in school.

If your mother is such a technical lady (Pardon my wording, I'm not trying to sound rude), show her different studies that link to positive results of listening to music.

That should 'seal the deal.' Hopefully.
  10. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

I think your question is pretty stupid but what I'll tell you might help you to convince her. What your mom says isn't necessary true, in my case, I can only read/do homework when it's complete silence (which is pretty much never the case) or when I listen to music to cover every small distracting sound...