So I took mine back today, Please convice me to go buy it back!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ungo2112, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ungo2112

ungo2112 New Member

After owning the touch for over a week I decided to take mine back. I'm still conflicted and I thought that I could maybe get some feedback from all you amazing Fans out there.

#1 Issues

1. I was really trying to use the IPOT as a PDA. I need a good organizer and I do know that Apple is going to release Cal update to fix the edit "bug". I just need more doable apps like a good Notes program and Mail and I'm not willing to hack my iPod to get these. I would like to wait till either apple comes out with a version of their PDA-Touch/Music player or Make some really important updates to the iPod to include these apps. NOTE: I have tried some of the bookmarklets and webapps, they are still not there yet for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I also have to use Verizon for my work and the iPhone Plan is horrible anyways so the iPhone is also ruled out. Why can't apple just give us what we want...A true micro computer that does it all!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. I Puchased a week 38 iPoT and I still seemed to get weird video quality issues.
    I would compair the quality to my iRiver Clix and other things like a MacBook Pro screen and it did not seem sharp to me for such a highly priced video player. I'm wondering if another patch would clear this up further?

3. I use high quality earphones (Shure SE530) and I would hear a hissing sound while playing classical musical and works that had variable highs and lows. I'm not sure if anyone else saw this at all. Again, I'm hoping a patch could fix this as well...It's not a show stopper for me.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the player and I spent way to many times up early into the morning monkeying around with bookmarklets and safari apps. The web 2.0 support is amazing. I loved the browser and I'm sure it'll also include flash soon. I just need some more reasons to go back and purchase it to justify the money spent.

Cheers.

Ungo

Sorry about the spelling issue. convice vs convince
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

The amazing touch interface was enough for me. Yes, it does not have apps like notes and an editable calendar, but I think apple will be releasing these kinds of things soon. I would suggest you go out and buy one because I love mine, but it's up to you. If you are willing to sacrafice some apps then go for it, if not then skip it.

PS- Welcome to the iPod touch fans forums!
  3. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My ipod touch has full calendar and notes applicatons now. So it is now THE BEST PDA ever. huge giant screen, full web browser, great calendar app, contacts, music, videos, not only all that, its thin as phuc
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

He said he was not willing to hack it.
  5. Lee

Lee New Member

After owning this smart bit of kit , im kinda surprised you took it back.

In the Uk they are like rocking horse poo !

Ive had all the i-pods which have alot more storage than my 16gb touch,but if im honest it kicks the ass of em all with the specs on this machine.

WoW is the best word I can think of for it.

Want a really PDA - then buy a PDA !