So I need to know 2 things...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Renegade, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, heres my story. About a week ago I put my iPod into my iHome and it took around 5 hours for the battery to get halfway, so I'm guessing the battery is corrupted. Then the next day the whole screen went white. Once you turn it on there is no boot logo, restore logo, anything but a white screen. It isn't cracked but something must be wrong with it.

So This week I'm going on vacation and I found out there is an Apple Store about a mile away from my hotel so I'm going to walk there with my iPod. My question is since I don't live near the Apple store will they not take my iPod in? Also when they do take my iPod in, since I bought it the first day it came out will they be mailing it in or just giving me a brand new one in the store?

Here's my next question. I've been keeping updated on everything concerning 2.0 for the last 2 weeks and since my iPod broke I haven't been as interested right now. I walked one of my friends through a 2.0 upgrade yesterday for free and it worked with flying colors. When I update I know for a fact though that I'm not going to be buying all of these apps that I want so I've been looking into trading. Basically how is app trading done? I know an extremely good friend to do it with and I just need to know how.

Thanks IPTF.
  2. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1.st it depends on the problem. If they see tight away that it can't be fixed they will give you a new one in the store. Else I don't know... Anyway you can always keep it even after showing it in the store. Its yours.

2. To trade you basicly give an app you paid for and get an app someone else paid for in return. Apps are able to be alowed on 5 computers only. But this way you don't have to buy all apps.
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

See that's what I thought it was, But my questions is how would you get them off your computer? Would I just turn it into a .zip file and send one to my friend. Then he extracts it and drag and drop into iTunes 7.7 Applications.
  4. Matt27272

Matt27272 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No, you log in as that person on your itunes, and then browse to that certain app that your friend already bought, and click download. Since he already payed for it, "he" won't have to pay for it again.
  5. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    get the game file somewhere is application data in documents and settings and just drag and drop it in your iTunes i think
  6. brisingr

brisingr New Member

yes, the warranty is worldwide
    No, apple patched it and you need authorization and crap. No more trades.