So I just got a brand new...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jnskyliner34, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First generation iPod Touch! I know some of you must be

Please Register or Log in to view images

right now. Here's my story.

Last Saturday the home button my old iPod Touch 1g got stuck, when you press it you don't feel it move or what not so basically it became useless. I couldn't even use Safari because after turning on the Wi-Fi in settings, there was no way to get back to the home menu and open up Safari. So all it was good for was music and left it in the music.app always. I went to the Apple Retailer store to have my iPod repaired. (Note: my warranty expired 4 months ago) Seeing as my warranty was up I expected that I'd be paying for the repairs which I don't mind as long as my iPod Touch becomes functional again. I told the service center people in the store about my situation and they told me that there isn't a fix to my home button getting stuck problem and advised me to call customer relations from Apple HQ themselves about a reconsideration about replacing my iPod Touch.

As soon as I got home I called customer relations and I've probably been put on hold 7 times throughout the call. "Sir, could we have the serial number on your iPod" *put on hold for a minute* "I'll pass you on our customer relations manager" *hold for 2 minutes* and etc etc... lol In the end, they told me what I wanted to hear, that I head down to any Apple Authorized service center and present the case number they gave me for a iPod Touch replacement.

At the service center, they told me that it would take 3 to 5 days for a replacement, I got my new iPod Touch yesterday and that was only 2 days from the day I handed in my iPod.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. Great service Apple! Kudos!

Cheers

P.S.: The iPod is really really clean! I can see my reflection from the back side of the iPod!
  2. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That makes no sense. Why in the world would they give you a new ipod for you breaking the home button from overuse. Apple warranty does not cover overuse or misuse, and on top of that your warranty was broken? Either the people working at apple were high or your lying.
  3. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So you're saying I don't take care of my iPod? lol I've never dropped my iPod or whatever barbaric way to use an iPod. The home button got stuck after I closed the AOL Radio application lol. I've looked it up and it's a problem with a good number of 1st gen iPod Touch's and fortunately majority if not all happened when they were still under warranty. Don't believe me, google it.
  4. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple will NOT cover 1st gen ipod touch's that are OUT of warranty. This is another one of those he said she said stories. Back it up with evidence please. Pictures, Case number, a receipt or any physical evidence that this actually happened. You writing on a piece of paper pretending to be an apple customer service support won't fly. Honestly I just don't believe you, no offense.
  5. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    they did the exact same thing for me with my second gen. Just because you think you know everything and all outcomes of everything dosen't make you all knowing. He's obviously celebrating something that he found good expecting people to share their experiences with apple customer service. I think you should not call fake so soon...
  6. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    like i said the gave me a reconsideration on the warranty. if i were lying, why would i go through all the trouble writing this thread.

here are pictures. lighten up already.

tilt your head. i erased my name and cellphone number.

7. T B D M

T B D M New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well I guess you get what you ask for.

8. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol

i'm happy with my new ipod + 3.1.1 + itunes 9 = sweet!

credit card bill is rising! lol
  9. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright I have no doubts now! Thanks for actually posting images! I'm amazed that apple did that all for you, I've heard a lot of bad customer service experiences with apple, that's all. Well congratulations on your new iPod Touch 1st Generation

10. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no worries. yeah, i'm pretty happy. it's like it's new again! i developed a bad habit of cleaning the screen and back of the iPod everytime after i use it to keep it clean. i never bothered to do so with my old one, only cleaned the screen when the fingerprints were a bother. lol