so i have a question..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexak93, Jul 22, 2009.

1. alexak93

alexak93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    so. i have a question for everybody who owns a 3gs. i have been reading about the jailbreak for it. and there are good sides and bad sides to it. so the overall question is should i jailbreak my iphone or should i wait a bit longer until everything seems stable?
  2. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe its just good idea to wait for 3.1 and stable JB for it.
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Like the user above me posted, you should probably wait until the release of 3.1 and its jailbreak come out. Whats the point of jailbreaking now when the new firmware comes out, Your going to have to apply everything all over again. Might as well wait it out to save you some time.

On another note, The 3.0 jailbreak seems completely stable for me. I've had no problems yet, So if you do end up jailbreaking your phone... You'll be happy with it. The only "bad side" I see about jailbreaking your iPhone is breaking its warranty, But a Firmware Restore can certainly fix that.
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    People have said that the 3.1JB may be 'impossible' due to some loophole apple is going to patch. I still think they'll be able to crack it, but its something to consider
  5. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the dev team can do it!!!
  6. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nothing can stop the dev team

Please Register or Log in to view images

no matter what, the dev team can do it, they will always find a work around.

you might want to wait for 3.1, but if you cant wait then go and jailbreak 3.0, it will give you an idea and get you used to jailbreaking
  7. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My personal opinion as well, however, people are are still all "OMG FIND YOUR ECID OR YOU WILL NEVER JAILBREAK AGAIN"
  8. alexak93

alexak93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    well this wont be my first time jailbreaking i have had two ipodtouches and both are jailbroken. so i no what to expect i was just asking cause of the new firmwire coming out and everything else that apple is doing and the jailbreaks that are out now