So I can choose what apps I want on my screen?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PianoManKD, Dec 10, 2007.

1. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

What if I only want to add the Mail app to the ones that come with the ipod touch already? And i want toget rid of the installer app icon from the main menu....

How do I do all of this?

Thanks
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    customize.app is what you will need. Get the working version off of this website or installer.
  3. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

but then will the customize app be on the desktop? I want my ipod touch really clean and professional looking. I dont want the installer.app there everytime i turn it on....
  4. toxic666

toxic666 New Member

Thats no problem. Install customize from installer. With customize you can hide all the icons you don´t want to see on your ipod. In your case you hide installer and customize. You can also change the icon order with customize. BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM!!! If you hide customize its a bit tricky to access it again!
    You could also just uninstall Installer.app via Installer.
    You see there are several ways to solve your problem. Think about what you want to do. Take your time and search this Forum befor you do something!
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

just like toxic666 said, install customize and then you will have the option of hiding all of your icons (or whichever ones you would like to hide).

now, if you plan on going this route, if you hide customize, you will have a hard time getting all of those icons back. personally, i used the Dock.app to get around this. from what i read, other people use something called "Finder" as well.

good luck.

EDIT: heres an example of my device. the only icon i have on the desktop is the settings icon, for quick access to wifi.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    to make it look very clean install customize and install dock app

hide all the apps you dont want to see

in the bottom right hand corner of the screen you will see a small sun burst drag that out and you will see a list of all your apps
  7. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

So all my icons will be hidden in this "sunburst" im confused....I just don't want to install anything and then when I go to hide some thing, cant find, and have to redo the whole jailbreak, install process again.
  8. toxic666

toxic666 New Member

Why dont you just install the dock.app from installer to see what it does! If you don´t like it just uninstall.
  9. screwy

screwy New Member

how did you able to delete everything on the desktop, is dock allwing you to do that?