So... How long?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mackman37, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mackman37

mackman37 New Member

How long do you think that Apple will wait before releasing a new update that will not allow any 3rd party apps?(I mean besides the ones that they will be releaing in a few minths)

I just got my Ipod touch and I am about to jailbreak it, my only problem is if I put the effort forth to do so how long will I get to enjoy my free apps before I have to reset my Ipod.

Is it worth the work to jailbreak it, only to be able to use the jailroken apps for a few months (maybe only a few weeks) bofore an update comes out?

I really want some of the great apps also, so if I am convinced to jailbreak can you please list you favorite app for me so I can try it?
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I would say jailbreak it. I doubt apple's update will be worth updating to. It only takes 10 minutes so why not
  3. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    We will probably have to wait until Feburary. Apple is releasing their SDK then to 3rd party developers, it would offer a bit of an incentive for jailbreaked users to upgrade to the official version that patches up the exploit. Perhaps in due time we will see a Flash browser as well.