iOS 4.0 So how does it work?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipitouchy, Jun 9, 2010.

1. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK, So i ain't a tech savvy... a bit less, even. And i was wondering... Is iOS4 something that is boxed? Or is it just like another iTunes iPod Update? As in, how will I get iOS4... how will i put it on my iPod?

Isn't it on itunes when you click 'Check for Update' and once released will it appear... and you install iOS4 just like a regular update?

Or does it come boxed with a CD and all and you have to install it onto iPhone / iPod Touch using InstallShield Wizard?

thanks..
    ipitouchy.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It is an iTunes update (iPod firmware update). The cost will be FREE. Hope this helps.
  3. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh right, so i just click a button and there we go, it starts? Ah, thats good. Because i live about 20 mins out of my nearest Apple Store.
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yup, just update on the 21 (22 if you don't want to wait, servers will be hectic). It should also automatically check if there is an update and give you a reminder too (just in case you forget).
  5. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oooh, definitely couldnt forget. Although i have the GM now and blan to jailbreak. Hey ! I have the same device as you !

Please Register or Log in to view images