So far, no PPC Jailbreak, huh?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by FunkyMonkey, Jan 26, 2008.

1. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

I have tried every 1.1.3 jailbreak I can find, but none of them work with a PowerPc mac. Has anyone with PPC been able to jailbreak?
  2. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Nope. I don't think there is one. If you have acces to an intel mac or a pc that wil work. And if the installer jailbreak comes out soon (tonight), that might work.
  3. plokiju

plokiju New Member

I have a Powerpc and I did it. I had trouble at first, but then I looked closer at the

"iPod 1.1.3 Jailbreak - 100% GUARANTEED Easy, Fully Functional Method With Apps"

Thread on this site and it worked for me
  4. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

Ya, I'm hesitant to do that one cause it claims to not let you listen to songs purchase on iTunes Music Store. Can you confirm that this is true?
  5. elroy

elroy New Member

If we're being completely straight here - that's not REALLY using the PPC mac to do the Jailbreaking - I mean, all the grunt work was done on a PC. The 300 meg file that you downloaded is the one that is supposed to be generated by the patch and iPhone update.

I'm not trying to be a tosser (it comes naturally) but *supporting* this sort of thing, instead of actively encouraging Mac developers to continue supporting the PPC will only aid the end the machines usefulness.

I've been a mac user for a long time and while I'm glad to see that the brand is getting more popular, it saddens me that the thing that truly set the mac apart from other machines is slowly becoming a thing of the past - I mean, I bet that there are a lot of current Mac users (god love em) who couldn't even tell you what a power PC is....

Now, get off my lawn!
  6. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i can confirm that i have jailbroken 1.1.3 from a 1.1.1 ipod touch on my PPC eMac
    i used the 100% guarenteed guide to jailbreak
  7. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

Can't you take your rant someplace else? (I don't mean to be rude)
  8. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yep, ive got a ppc g5 and the 100% guarentee method worked excelently. i stopped after it was =jailbroken though and used ipodtouchmaster's repo to add the iphone apps for free.