So confused about jailbreaking my 3g iPT 8gb - HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by baller8d8, Feb 21, 2010.

1. baller8d8

baller8d8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, so I have a 3g ipod touch 8gb. (Well, im not sure if its 3g, it has the model of MC)
    So first off, I was wondering, I can jailbreak this model with blackrain?
    In that tysiphonehelp video, he says the 3g can be jailbroken(untethered), but then he says MC cannot.(This is what confuses me)

Also, if i can jailbreak(which would be tethered if possible) what would happen if I restart it? (I know i would have to click the blackrain thing again, but would everything i've downloaded like themes etc be deleted, or would they come back?)

Thanks for your help guys!
  2. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nothing would be affected if you run blackra1n again. Again - NOTHING will be affected on your device when you reboot when you run blackra1n.
  3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The MC model number means you have a 3rd generation model.
    In the video, I guess the guy will have been talking about iPhone 3g, and not the 3rd gen touch.

With a tethered jailbreak, if you shut down your device, you would get the "connect to iTunes" screen when you rebooted. After connecting to your PC and re-running Blackra1n, you would not lose any data on the iPod at all. Everything would be intact as long as you did not restore the iPod through iTunes.