So called Shake to Shuffle in v3.0 (jailbroken ipod touch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stratplayer, Jun 20, 2009.

1. stratplayer

stratplayer Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only real excitement of v3.0 for me was the shake to shuffle the tracks, I WAS looking forward to it.

Alas, my dissapointment.... why can't it work when the screen is off? I wanted to be able to shake it when i was in the gym if a random track came on that i didnt fancy listening to, likewise in the car...

Am I missing something here? What is the point of having something like that if you have to use the screen to get it to work (so to speak)!

If I am being a numpty.. let me know... £5.99 down the drain me thinks, couldnt care less about cut n paster or horizontal keyboards!
  2. ipod touch master thanks

ipod touch master thanks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe with jailbreak they can mod this feature so that it works with the screen off
  3. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Think about it.
    You usually turn the screen off when listening to music.
    Lets say you're running. The up and down motion would make you change tracks every 2 seconds.
  4. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ This.

I personally hate the Shake to Shuffle feature anyway. Cause sometimes I forget to put it on lock when I run.
  5. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Check out SBSettings and a toggle called Volume MC, it allows you to change tracks using the external volume buttons, I personally use that a lot especially when im driving and I have my iphone playing.
  6. Rich5150

Rich5150 Banned

lol you have to shake the ipod pretty hard to do the shake to shuffle running dosent effect it i go to the Gym all the time and run on the treadmill it hasn't shuffle on me
  7. nasa geek

nasa geek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh my that sounds quite awesome, will have to check it out.

In response to original poster, you could just turn the brightness all the way down and turn off autolock, I'm not sure what that would do to your battery but it would certainly solve your problem.
  8. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I don't mean just running. When you're carrying your iPod around and listening to music, its not 100% still. It moves.
  9. shawn_selig29

shawn_selig29 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it doesnt werk on 3.0 yet. i guess we need a update. becuase it will just put in safe mode. but it was a nice app.
  10. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

They need to improve upon Volume MC. It makes you lose your volume controls. What needs to be done is something similar to the Sony Ericsson phones. Push = volume control. Hold = skip track, prev track control. And if possible hold home is pause, play but if not up down is fine.

It also doesn't seem to work on firmware 3.0 always sends me to safe mode.