so basically now we just have to pay for UPDATES

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by sonia1234321, Jan 18, 2008.

1. sonia1234321

sonia1234321 New Member

not only does the new "free" upgrade has basically nothing in it, but we have to PAY for the basic updates too!
    does this mean were gonna have to keep on paying 20 bucks everytime they come out with new firmware updates?!

Please Register or Log in to view images

and i thought apple was the good ones
  2. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

god...im getting annoyed with like 200 topics on the same thing...no,you pay for the iphone apps if you WANT them, if you dont,dont get them, downgrade, and jailbreak...and stop crying, theyre out there to make money, they dont care if you like the update or not...write them a letter
  3. sonia1234321

sonia1234321 New Member

i mean, if we want the basic updates like the safari home clips, rearange home screen, lyrics etc. we still have to pay for them to be unlocked... i mean ii guess its okay for apple to charge for the iphone apps but JUST the iphone apps, not everything else! this is just a ripoff.
  4. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

youre being biasd, becase you prolly jailbroke your ipod and had the i phone apps for free...you cant expect 20 apps for 20 dollars...where is the income gonna come in?they think about their customers, but they want to get a pay check too...
  5. sonia1234321

sonia1234321 New Member

ipods are made in third world countries by child laborers for about 5 cents an ipod.... i think they make enought
  6. 1niceipod

1niceipod New Member

^^^^^^^^ exactly! apple is making a SH!T load of money... just think about the asking price of 399 per 16gb pod now times that by just how many of us on this board have one and youll see that that 20 bucks you ARENT spending isnt hurting them.

Jobs doesnt live in a cardboard box nor does he worry bout gas prices.
  7. Hackerkiller

Hackerkiller New Member

sonia1234321 you dont have to pay for the firmware (basic updates like the safari home clips, rearange home screen, lyrics etc.), this updates are for free.

If you want to buy the iphone apps then you must pay 20 bucks.
    So dont buy them wait until 1.1.3 is jailbroken and install them for free.
  8. Siforest65

Siforest65 New Member

I have 1.1.3, but none of these features. Pretty sure you have to pay for them.