So Apple's stock ear buds are not that good?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gomer, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have heard that they are not good for music listening and such, is this true? What do you guys suggest to get instead for great sound quality?
  2. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Apple earphones suck. They blow out to easily. Get some Bose if you have the cash
  3. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think they're fine...I've never bothered with "high quality" expensive earbuds, but the stock ones work perfectly for my uses.
  4. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know why so many people dislike the Apple earbuds so much. I really don't think they're that bad! Compared to other earbuds (ones with the black fabric cover), or silicon type material feel far less comfortable to me. The Apple ones fit very snugly into my ears.

The only bad thing is the durability which I have to say is alright... if you take good care of them. I've had my 2G Touch since Sep. 2008 and the buds that came with it are still in perfect condition. I don't listen to my music at super high volumes though... if they do blow out easily

Please Register or Log in to view images

OT: What similar buds similar to the Apple ones would you guys recommend? Comfort wise I love them!
  5. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

They don't blow out too easily for me even though I'm almost always at 7/8s of full volume. I never found a reason to get "high quality" headphones unless your headphones themselves don't work anymore (even though I am a musician).
  6. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    they're fine for stock headphones, they get the job done, but there are much higher quality headphones available. i used the stock Apple headphones for a long time with my previous iPods then my parents got me skull candy's for christmas a few years ago and i've never gone back to the Apple ones.
  7. Dave1812

Dave1812 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    LOL! Correct--the included earphones are CRAP!! I use Koss Porta Pro headphones (open air)
  8. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So is there a pair ear buds that I can buy that are less than $50 and sound better or are ear buds like that more expensive?
  9. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I absolutely hate the included headphones. I have one pair of other in ear earbuds and am buying over ear next week.

Altec Lansing backbeat mobile plus are pretty good and their $50.
  10. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    JVC HA-FX67 Air Cushions. You won't regret it.