So about the secret info that Apple gets when you restore...

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by frightenedcow, Sep 10, 2008.

1. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would like to know what kind of info Apple gets when you restore your iPod Touch or iPhone.i really need to send my iPod into Apple to get a replacement because ever since i got it there has been a problem with the home button. it has never been flush with the surface around it. i can feel it when i run my finger across it. it was like that when it came out of the box but i never considered it a problem. also, it takes too much pressure to get it to go home when you press on it. it was also like that when i got it but on a much smaller scale than now. now it has worsened and takes WAAAYY too much pressure and squeezing (emphasis on the squeezing) to get to the home screen. i once used my cousins iPod Touch and his home button is a breeeeze to press compared to mine. (i mean it is nice). he doesn't even take care of it as much as i do.

so my question is does Apple know that i have jail broken my iPod from the info they get when i restore? i really need a new one but don't want them to know because it voids the warranty. Right?

also, i got an extended warranty through Wal-Mart for $15 more when i bought it if that means anything at all.

PLEASE HELP!
  2. serjen

serjen New Member

i doubt they get any info on your ipod at all except what firmware you were on and what firmware you updated to

Oh, and probably the make and stuff of your ipod
  3. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if your worred about them getting your info when you restore. unplug your connection.

restore.

plug back in.

SORTED!
  4. serjen

serjen New Member

the man has a good idea!

100th post! lol
  5. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No. it requires and intrenet conection to restore. otherwise you get an error message saying that it is unable to contact Apple and it wont alow you to restore. try it.
  6. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

u relize the home button is curved right...
  7. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    right. mine is, but it is "in" too far.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    And they can tell if they were to look that far but they could care less. And they won't be giving you a new v2 ipod as I found out when I went to buy my new one.
  9. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oh and the camera on all the macbooks they can see into with xray vision to see that ugly birth mark under your left nipple.