So... 2G freshly jailbroken, on to /dev/bcm43250 !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dazjorz, Feb 3, 2009.

1. dazjorz

dazjorz New Member

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, before I've just been lurking around a little. I have an iPod touch 2G, freshly jailbroken a few days ago, and have been poking around a little. Before I bought the device, I knew it had a BCM4325 chip builtin, which has Bluetooth, WiFi and FM radio support. So I was happy to see /dev/bcm43250...

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I've done a bit of playing, using BlueTool and the existing iPhone 1.1 and iPod 2.1 scripts in /etc/bluetool; but didn't really get very far. BlueTool can still communicate with the device although 'hci info' does not give a lot of information; also csr -V gives error 22 which is invalid argument.

Some goals I'd like to reach are getting the device into bluetooth mode, getting it to send or receive files, maybe even pairing. Also FM radio is interesting, and WiFi master and monitor mode. Has anyone gotten any further?

Sjors
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The kernel driver for this chip might be functionality limited, note that iPhone got BT too but no body have find any use for it :> Also forget about FM radio without proper drivers in kernel, also it may require extra antena components in hardware that are missing.
  3. dazjorz

dazjorz New Member

I read the bluetooth drivers in the kernel are probably not limited. Also the drivers for the wifi are simply AirPort drivers, and I don't know anything about OS X but these probably support master and probably don't support monitor mode.
    And there's always kextload, so an experienced driver programmer for OS X (I'm not) could write drivers. But let's focus on the easier things first

4. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    might be as "limited" as the ipod 1g but they already have ad2p or a2dp system worked out so it may not be limited at all time will tell
  5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Remember that Kernel may have bulid-in drivers and no module support (as in all embedded devices :>) ..and still no BT stuff was made for iPhone becouse driver inside his kernel BT drivers supports only audio profile

iPoT 2G have higher chances since it use data transfers with Nick+ pedometer, this means drivers may have virtual serial port profile needed to file transfers :> this is only light you got

It's all depends on kernel that can not be modify because lack of source code. Sry that i'm so septic but ppl thinks that jb can do anything... but it's not.